Senior Lecturer in Games Design (2016 – Present)
Lecturer in Games Design (2014-2016)
Part-Time Lecturer (2011-2014)
Academic Support Tutor (2010-2011)
- Unit Leader for Level 6 Games Research.
- Unit Leader for Level 6 Psychological Theory for Game Designers.
- Unit Leader for Level 5 Prototyping and Iterating Game Designs.
- Workshop Leader for multiple Level 4 3D Modelling classes, teaching 3D Studio Max.
- Workshop Leader for Level 4 Introduction to Computer Graphics, teaching Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp, Flash and After Effects.
- Planning, writing and delivering material for, and assessment of, multiple units at Level 4, Level 5, and Level 6.
- Personal Tutor to approximately 40 students across Levels 4, 5, and 6.
- Supervision and moderation of multiple undergraduate projects.
- Mentoring and Support of Industrial Placement and Self-Employed Placement Students.
- Supervision of MSc, MRes, and PhD students.
- Leader of the Advanced Games Research Group (AGRG).
- Enrichment Event / Guest Speaker Coordinator for School of Creative Technologies.
- Annual Student Showcase Organiser for BSc (Hons) Computer Games Technology and BSc (Hons) Computer Animation & Visual Effects courses.
- Admissions Tutor for BSc (Hons) Computer Games Technology and BSc (Hons) Computer Games Enterprise.
- School Representative for Creative Technologies on the Creative and Cultural Industries Faculty Ethics Committee.
Lecturer in Gaming & Computing (2011 – 2014)
- Part of the team that designed and planned the Gaming and Computing BTEC course, assisting in administering the change from an IT focused course to a Games Technology focused course.
- Unit Leader for Level 3 3D Modelling.
- Unit Leader for Level 3 Game Platforms and Game Technologies.
- Unit Leader for Level 3 Website Design and Development.
- Unit Leader for Level 4/5 Computer Game Development on a HNC/HND program.
- Planning, writing and delivering material for, and assessment of, multiple units at Level 3 and Level 4 on the BTEC IT Practitioners (Gaming and Computing) course and the HNC/HND Gaming and Computing course.
- Planning and supervising student field trips to industry events and trade shows.